I love pancakes.
I love pancakes.
Did I say I love pancakes. I love any breakfast food. I love breakfast sweet food. French toast? sing me in. French toast sticks. YES. Pancakes, where do I sign. I was looking at the internet and saw that somebody made pancakes with yogurt. While interested, it had a lot of stuff that I do not have. Coconut oil, coconut sugar, almond flour, etc. I took the basis of that used what I had in my pantry.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 vanilla yogurt
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar (optional)
- 1 cup of AP flour (add a tablespoon if it looks thin)
- 2 teaspoons of Baking powder
- Cinnamon (I put A LOT. I like cinnamon)
- 1 -2 tablespoons of honey. I found some local honey from MN.
- Pinch of salt
- Heat a non stick skillet on medium high. Add a dab of butter.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients together (yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, honey, light brown sugar). Mix well. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).
- Add mixture to the skillet with the size of pancakes of your choice. And cook the pancakes until the first side has bubbles. Flip and then cook on the other side (for about 2 mins, the second side cooks faster). Cook until all of the batter is cooked!
Now, if you only eat one or two (this batch made around 6). Feel free to add them to a ziplock bag, separating each pancake with parchment paper and freeze! This cast be a great easy breakfast that’s you can add to the microwave or toaster!
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!