It was a typical winter night and I was craving for something sweet, so I searched online for a basic blondie bar and then added peanut butter, chocolate chips and made it my own!
I loved them and my co-workers are loving it too. I made a HUGE batch of these. It makes for almost 24 bars (depending on how big you cut them). Here’s how I did it.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off (you could also do 1 cup of oats for a more “bar” feeling OR make it Gfree by using King Arthur AP Gfree flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I added way more)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I added more because PEANUTS)
- Melt all of the butter (this time I zapped it in the microwave, but I have done it the stove top as well)
- Combine all of the sugars, vanilla and butter into a big bowl and with an electric mixer, mix everything together (if you want to go all “old-school” or kids are hyper of “bored, they can do this too).
- Mix in slowly. In batches, the flour. Do not be like me, who added a full cup all in one. I learned my lesson. Learn from Jose and add it maybe in 1/2 cups. Mix in with the low setting in your hand-held mixer, not at level 5 (like I did). Not good.
- Mix in the peanut butter and chocolate to your hearts content. I won’t judge. Throw it in there. Now mixing? I used my mixer and then used my fancy spatula with cute.
- BAKING IT: I used 2 8 inch pans lined with parchment paper. I baked it for 25-30 mins. Since I added more chocolate chips and peanut butter than stated, it took 35 mins. My sacrifice was rewarded.
- I served it with some ice cream and chocolate sauce on top. I put some whipped cream to because I couldn’t stop myself. (Again living on the edge).
I LOVED this. I may or may not be eating one right now
(I am). They are exactly what I needed to satisfy my sweet tooth in this wintery day.
They were a really strong peanut butter flavor (again, I added more than 1/2 cup) and they reminded me of the blondies I would get in Puerto Rico with my mom when I was in high school. Comment below what you think of these chocolate peanut butter blondies!