I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Today I wanted some chocolate chip cookies. And I did not want to leave the house, so I went online and found a recipe from tasty. This recipe is essentially the same with one (some people might say huge) difference in flour. Want to guess what it is? Whole wheat flour. It makes the cookies chewier? Is that a word. Chewier. Chew. Chuuuew. Anyway, it gives them a little bit more “bite” which reminds me of my friends Eric’s grandma recipe that is half and half AP and Whole Wheat flour. The cookies are delicious and they are AMAZING with some ice cream on top.
This recipe makes for 30 cookies. Yes. You heard me right. 30. Which is great because you can make the normal dozen (or 15) and freeze the rest for up to a month and a half.
Here’s how I make it.
- 2 cups (4 sticks) of butter, melted
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of AP (all purpose) flour
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
How to make them!
- Preheat oven for 375.
- In a large (I’m serious) LARGE bowl, whisk (Cream) all of the sugars and butter together. I used my electric mixer, but you can use a stand mixer if you want. I like for this recipe to be able to control where the mixer goes, since it will be a thick mixture
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend all together.
- Add SLOWLY, and by slowly I mean each cup, of flour and baking powder. By the last cup of flour, I ditched the mixer and used a spatula to fold everything together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the beautiful cookie batter. Try not to eat said cookie batter.
- Using an Ice Cream scoops scoop them into a balking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.
For all those extra cookies? Scoop them into another baking sheet and freeze them over night. Then you can put them on a zip lock bag. They will keep for up to a month and a half. Whenever you want to bake them? Put them in the oven for the same temperature (375) and bake them for 15 minutes.
Let me know what you guys think about this recipe! Add a scoop of ice cream, some chocolate syrup and you have a Sunday! If you haven’t done so already, subscribe and follow to get email notifications of future recipes!!