The snow is gone! Well mostly. We have had a lot of rain these past couple of days which, I love. I love rainy days and its making me nostalgic. It’s still cold, but a different type of cold. (At least to me) Why? Because it feels like spring! But, since the cold is not gone yet, I tinkered around my kitchen and wanted to make a coquito flavored Farina. Which, I should say… tastes AMAZING!
Coquito is a, generally, a Christmas beverage. It’s essentially a so much better version than eggnog. My version of the this coquito flavored farina is healthy-ish. I do not use a WHOLE can of sweetened condensed milk. I do not use Rum (because that is frowned upon, but if you are so inclined or is THAT type of morning, you do you boo.)
This Farina (which it’s cream of wheat) is slightly sweet, creamy, and full of cinnamon. Here’s how I make it.
- 1 1/4 cups of coconut milk (I had unsweetened)
- 6 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk (I have Borden because Borden is the best) – 5 tablespoons for cooking, 1 tablespoon for the top
- 4 Tablespoons of Farina (cream of wheat)
- a pinch of salt
- Cinnamon (for presentation)
- Chia seeds (for presentation and completely optional)
How to make it!
- Turn the stove up to medium high heat. In a small to medium saucepan, mix the coconut milk and 5 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk, and a pinch of salt until well integrated.
- Once it starts to boil, SLOWLY add 4 tablespoons of Farina. Whisk until it starts to thicken to your preference.
- Once it is until your preference, pour in a bowl and add top with the 1 tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, and chia seeds!