I finally bit the bullet and bought the KitchenAid Ice Cream attachment.
I wanted to make ice cream ever since I saw this attachment about 4 years ago. It was awesome. I made cookie dough ice cream mainly because I had some cookie dough from the last time I made a batch and I had all of the excitement.
I searched ALL of the internet to get a recipe for it and there were SO many. Between custard, non-dairy, etc. I made my own version of all of it, but they are all so similar that if you want to any of them are good.
- 5 cookie dough balls from my recipe that you can find here.
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of milk (I used whole)
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
How to make it
- Place the kitchenaid ice cream bowl in the freezer for 12-15 hours (as the overachiever that I am, I left it for 24)
- In a large bowl, add the cream, milk, and sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved (3 mins).
- Add the vanilla extract and salt, whisk until combined.
- Take the bowl out of the freezer and place in the Kitchenaid mixer
- Add the ingredients into the bowl and place in the “Stir” setting. Let it do its thing for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, chop the cookie dough into bite size pieces. Add slowly to the mix.
- Leave for 20 minutes or to your desired consistency. It will essentially be soft serve when its done.
- Place in a container and leave in the freezer for 4 or more.
Serve! I added some more cookie dough and some chocolate chips. This was a good thing to have done because I watched the Game Of Thrones Finale and I needed something. #DrogonForever #GhostISTheBest
2 responses to “Cookie Dough Ice Cream”
Isn’t it the best, I just got one also a few months ago, I make ice cream with that same recipe, sometimes I add cocoa and I have tried adding fresh strawberries. It is so much better than store bought.
It’s been awesome!!