Want a quick and easy lunch or dinner? This is a quick an easy meal, especially if you have some leftovers. If you are wanting to do this fresh you can check out my sazon style chicken or my rotisserie recipes!
The great thing about this recipe? It’s fast, simple, easy, and delicious. Since I was using leftovers it came together in 5 minutes (thank you meal prep) and if I was making it from scratch, you would have a easy lunch or dinner in under 45 minutes (most of which is just set and forget)
All you need for this recipe (if you are only making one bowl) is the following
- 1 cup of arroz amarillo
- 1 rotisserie chicken thigh; chopped.
- Toppings you have on hand or want (beans, green onions, guacamole, pico de gallo, etc)
- queso fresco (or cheese of choice)
If you are starting from scratch follow the recipe for the rotisserie chicken and lazy arroz amarillo (made in a rice cooker)
If you are using bone in chicken thighs, you can do them in the oven just follow the recipe, but instead of using the cast iron pan, put them on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes or until the juices run clear. That would be way enough time to make the rice in the rice cooker
If you have everything set and ready to go:
- Add one cup of arroz amarillo
- Top with the rotisserie thighs, most of the time I cut them to bite size pieces or into strips.
- Top with toppings, for the picture above, I wanted the spice of the chicken, the cool of the queso fresco, sweetness of fresh Iowa corn, and acid from the lime .
This recipe is super simple even if you are making it from scratch on a weekday or weekend. It’s perfect for a party or pot luck. The best part? You can make as much or little of this recipe as you want!
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!