Waffles are amazing. They are the edgy cousin in the cake world. Pancakes want to be it, but it can’t. It’s scared of being trapped in the waffle iron, so it loves being in just a regular pan and rise up. It loves being fluffy and being part of buffets.
Waffles on the other hand, is crispy and crunchy. It also has POCKETS. Pockets for amazing warm syrup to nap. I had 4 cups of coffee, so yeah. ANYWAYS. Waffles are awesome. And compared to pancakes (which you can see my mom’s pancake recipe here) you can freeze them and have them all over again.
My waffle recipe makes roughly 12 waffles, which is great for when you are brunching with friends or if you are meal prepping for the week!
Makes 12 waffles
2-4 waffles per serving
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: (Depends on your waffle iron) – 5-15 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cooking Spray
How to make it!
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, beat together. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth
- Plug in your waffle iron. Spray the iron with cooking spray. Pour mix to the waffle iron. Wait until cooked (use factory instructions).
- Cook until golden brown or until your preferred crunchiness.
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @boricuainthemidwest for the blog’s posts and @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!