- 4 cups of jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons of adobo
- 2 tablespoons of sofrito
- 2 packets of sazón
- 1 can of canned corn
- 3.5 cups of water (or vegetable broth/stock if you have it)
- A spash of garlic infused olive oil
How to make it:
- In a Dutch oven, set to a medium high heat and drop the 2 tablespoons of sofritowith a splash of garlic infused olive oil. I use allspice garlic olive oil that I OBSESSED with. I think I need to just buy a bigger bottle of it
- Once the sofrito defrosts (I freeze mine in cubes for better shelf life) add the sazón , adobo, and rice. I always like to toast muy rice so that it has more flavor.
- Still in medium heat, add the water and corn and mix well.
- Now, my mom taught me this trick (I believe that she found it online). I top the Dutch over with a kitchen towelette and put the lid on. I set the timer for 20 mins and forget it!
Let me know what you think about this recipe! If you want posts in your email, don’t forget to subscribe and hit that follow button. Also check the page “Boricua in the Midwest” on Facebook!