It’s 50 degrees! So, I can grill? If there were anybody else from Puerto Rico they would say no. Mostly they haven’t been in negative degree weather, so they don’t know.
Here’s what I used (serves 4):
- 4 Iowa chops (thick cut pork chops)
- Garlic pepper seasoning (I used allspice brand)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- A very hot grill
- Some oil (I used canola)
How to make it:
- I had my grill at a minimum of 350 degrees (note that once you put the chops it will drop in temperature)
- Using 1 tablespoon of oil, coat the chops on both sides. This is just to ensure they won’t stick to the grill. Season liberally with the garlic pepper seasoning. I used some salt and pepper because I was on my last bit of seasoning. You can find the brand I use here. #notsponsored
- Place the chops in the grill (far away from each other) and set a timer for 11 minutes. Do not move them until the timer finishes!
- Flip them and set the timer for 11 minutes. They will be crispy and slightly charred on the outside and it makes them taste delicious!!
- Let them rest for about 4-5 minutes.
I used the instant pot mushroom risotto as my side. It paired beautifully with it. I had the risotto as left overs
How to reheat the risotto:
- In a Dutch oven add a splash of oil (I used my garlic infused oil) and a tablespoon of unsalted butter. Heat up. Dump all of the risotto (I had a cup and a half) and then add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chicken broth (or veggie broth or water). Stir until you have a creamy consistency. Adjust seasonings as needed.
Let me know what you think in a comment. If you like this recipe hit the follow button. If you want email updates, subscribe! You can follow Boricua in the Midwest on Facebook too!