I am in love with tostadas. I’m sometimes not the best with leftovers. This helps bridge both things. I wanted something different for dinner and I had some chicken left over from my rotisserie chicken thighs! So this is what I made up!
This recipe would make only one tostada, but as you will see, it will be super easy to make multiple servings!
- 1 fajita or burrito tortilla
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half a boneless rotisserie chicken thigh
- Whatever toppings you want! (I had salsa, cheddar cheese, and avocado slices)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or fat of your choice
How to make it
- In a large pan add the olive oil and wait until hot!
- Make a hole or multiple slices to your tortilla (big enough that the egg can seep through)
- Drop the egg in the middle of the tortilla and season with salt and pepper. If you want to swap the salt with garlic salt you can! Add the chicken around the sides of the pan to reheat.
- Cook until the egg until the white is completely cooked! You can add a spritz of water in the pan to help it too.
- After it’s done, you can push the chicken on the inside of the tortilla and add whatever toppings you want. Now I was really hungry when I did this so I added salsa and took a picture (not realizing that after the pic, I added cheddar cheese & avocado slices. It looked way prettier. Sorry internet)