I had some leftovers from that chicken I made earlier in the week. If you want the recipe, you can click here. I was famished, and I had a couple of leftovers. I also bought a new wok from the Asian market here in town, so it was pretty simple of what I had to do! Fried Rice! Now, why with a twist? Because it had some boricua seasoning. The chicken is seasoned with sazón and adobo, which is nowhere near Asian cuisine. Also, I thought that the chicken added a really good flavor and complimented the normal fried rice flavors.
Note of caution, please do a mise-en-place. I normally get all of my ingredients, place them and get them ready. Maybe it’s because I’ve been so busy. I started the stir fry and did not have all of the ingredients together, so I was scrambling to get everything ready. Word for the wise. Prep everything before starting to cook. Again, normally do it. Failed to do it when I made this recipe.
This is what you will need.
- 2-3 sazón chicken from the previous post. Take the skin off.
All of the flavors are in the chicken so you will be good. If you think this is sacrilegious, you can pan fry this while you make the Fried Rice and top the rice with it for crunchy goodness.
- 1 cup of leftover white rice (you can do quinoa, brown rice, whatever you have)
- A splash of peanut oil
- 2 eggs (scrambled in a small bowl)
- Soy sauce
- 1 -1.5 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons of minced ginger (optional)
- A handful (or the amount that you want) of frozen mixed veggies (mine had carrots, peas, and green beans)
- Adobo (if you want to add it to the chicken)
- Sriracha (optional at the end)
How to make it.
Again, this goes quickly so prep everything first.
- Heat your wok on High. When hot, add the peanut oil.
- Scramble the eggs, but do not burn them. When finished, set aside.
- Add the Chicken and essentially fry them it up. You can re-season it with adobo if you want.
- Add the rice.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Mix well. Leave for 1-2 minutes mixing constantly. Add veggies. Leave for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce. I do two circles around the wok and that should be enough. Mix everything well. Once everything is mixed, add the scrambled eggs and mix one more time.
You can add sriracha on the top if you want or some crushed red pepper flakes.
If you want more recipes like this you can subscribe! Get email updates by subscribing. You can also follow on Instagram @lokoxmusica and you can follow on facebook! Just check out Boricua in the Midwest!
One response to “Chicken Fried Rice with a twist”
[…] via Chicken Fried Rice with a twist — Boricua in the Midwest […]