Last week was a crazy week! I had tech rehearsal for “The Lenten Sketches” AND the performances. This means that from Sunday-Tuesday I was getting home around 9:30 if I was lucky. And nobody wants to start prepping and cooking at that time, especially a certain westiepoo who was angry that I was not home early like most days. This is what I made. Some Sazón style chicken thighs with some roasted veggies. This was a go to that I then mixed up leftovers to make awesome dishes! Here’s what I did.
- Packet of skin on, bone in, chicken thighs (6-8)
- 1 packet of sazón
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional for extra spice)
- Adobo (optional)
- Olive Oil
How I made it.
- You need a big sheet pan lined with foil (easy clean up) and a rack so that the chicken does not sit in its juices. Preheat the oven to 425.
- In as small bowl add the packet of sazón and everything else until its a nice sauce. This is all up to taste, so feel free to add more or less. I know that if my mom where making this she would probably add more salt and less pepper than I did.
- Coat the chicken with all of the the sauce. If you are like me, you can season the bottom part of the chicken (aka: the side with no skin) with salt and pepper and add ALL of the sazón mixture goodness to the skin side so that it gets extra crispy.
- Once the chicken is all coated, you can prep the veggies for this dish!
Side dish: Roasted Veggies.
- 5 potatoes (I had yellow potatoes)
- 3 HUGE carrots
- 1 small package of baby broccoli
- Garlic powder, salt, white pepper to taste
- Garlic infused Olive Oil (or Extra Virgin Olive Oil would work)
This was super simple. I cut all of the veggies so that they were close in size. I cut my carrots on a bias (it looked prettier). My goal was that the potatoes and carrots looked somewhat close to the size of the broccoli. In a big sheet pan I added the oil first, then the veggies, and then the seasonings. Coat them all around.
- Add both the Chicken and the veggies in the oven (your 425 degree oven) and cook for about 35-40 minutes.
- CAUTION: the baby broccoli will be the first thing that will be done, so after 15-20 minutes, check the brócoli (or add them AFTER the 15-20 mark). As you can see from the picture… I ate some of the broccoli. BECAUSE, when everything is done and you’re waiting for the chicken to rest (3-5 minutes) this is what I did.
- COAT the veggies with Parmesan cheese. These veggies taste AMAZING.
I had some leftovers of arroz con maíz that I had, so I reheated that. And DONE!
This tasted amazing.
Let me know what you think!
If you want to see more posts, subscribe! You’ll be able to get email updates. Follow me on social media as Boricua in the Midwest on Facebook & lokoxmusica on Instragrm!
3 responses to “Sazón style chicken with roasted veggies”
[…] some leftovers from that chicken I made earlier in the week. If you want the recipe, you can click here. I was famished, and I had a couple of leftovers. I also bought a new wok from the Asian market […]
[…] a protein side you can serve it with my chicharrones de pollo, pan fried chicken, sazon style chicken, or my garlic-pepper Iowa […]
[…] especially if you have some leftovers. If you are wanting to do this fresh you can check out my sazon style chicken or my rotisserie […]