- 6 pieces of short ribs
- 2 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 2.5 Tbsps of cornstarch
- 3 Tbsps of water
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 large carrots (more if you have a cute westiepoo next to you)
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 2 TBSPS balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce (more if you’re “saucy”)
- 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of grated ginger (I added a bit more since I had a lot of ginger in the house)
- 1 Tablespoons of crushed red pepper (if you like spicy, you can add more)
How to make it!
- Using an instant pot use the sauté. Season the ribs liberally with Salt and Pepper. Add the 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan. Sear all sides of the short rib (mine took a little since they were huge) about 4 minutes per side.
- After every side is seared, set the ribs aside & sauté the carrots. This will take about 3 mins.
- Deglaze the pan with wine with all the liquids (stock, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, and red pepper)
- Add the short ribs and pressure cook it for 45 minutes.
- Take the ribs out (carefully) and thicken the sauce with the cornstarch slurry (3 Tablespoons of water to 2.5 cornstarch)
You can serve either recipe with a creamy cheesy polenta or some mashed potatoes. My polenta recipe will be in the blog shortly!
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!