I might be obsessed with my KitchenAid Ice Cream maker… After the SUCESS of my Cookie Dough Ice cream. I went to the OBVIOUS next step. Pour ALL OF THE COFFEE into my Ice cream. I feel that is the next step. Do you agree? Yes, me too. Here’s what I did.
Ingredients (Makes 2 quarts)
- 1 cup of strong brewed coffee. I used the café puertorriqueño that mom sends me. Gracias mami!
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2/3 of sugar
- 1 cup of milk (of your choice, I used whole milk)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, because why not!
How to make it:
- Place KitchenAid ice cream mixer in the freezer for at least 15 hours. Honestly, I have kept mine there. You never know when the homemade Ice Cream cravings will hit.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the liquid ingredients (except vanilla) together. Mix well.
- Add the sugar, mix to dissolve. (approximately 2-3 mins)
- Add vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Take the bowl out of the freezer and place in the KitchenAid mixer.
- Add the ingredients in the bowl. Turn on the mixer in the “stir” setting.
- Mix for 15-20 mins. Add the chocolate chips. This step is completely optional, but… its chocolate chips… so you CAN’T go wrong with it.
- Keep mixing for at least 15 more minutes.
- After the 30-40 minutes, add the ice cream to its container, I got these from the container store. They are amazing and you can stack them.
- Leave in the freezer from 2 hours to overnight.
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!