What happens when your sink decides to not work? A very sad Jose. I had to deal with that for about a week, which meant having take out. While nice, there’s something about making your own food that I completely miss. At the same time, I hard I didn’t know what to start making once I got everything in order. It was, completely weird and counterproductive.
One of the first things I made was Crispy Roasted Chickpeas. It didn’t take that long, I used essentially 1 sheet pan and the oven. That was it. It was easy, simple, and super addicting. These little nuggets of joy can be used as a snack or you can even add it as a topping for your favorite dishes. Here’s my Crispy Roasted Chickpeas!
Easy in 1, 2, 3.
- 2 cans of chickpeas. I used 2 – 15 ounce cans.
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
(The rest of the seasonings its really up to you, but this is what I used)
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley (as a topping)
- Flaky Salt (for added crunch and texture)
- Preheat oven for 375. Drain the chickpeas and add to a baking sheet.
- Bake the chickpeas for 30 minutes. Shake the at least once so that the chickpeas can really dry out.
- Remove the chickpeas, toss in a bowl with your seasonings (Salt Pepper, Cumin, garlic Powder, Paprika). Toss to combine. Add a touch of olive oil (I would say, max one tablespoon, but until the seasonings is stuck to the chickpeas.
- Place the chickpeas back into the sheet pan and cook for 10 minutes.
This goes perfectly on top of some pasta for some added crunch, as a side with some gnocchi or just by itself as you’re watching a tv show or movie!
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @boricuainthemidwest for the blog’s posts and @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!