Amazingly chewy and decadent, these oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies are perfect for when you get a cookie craving. Need a cookie NOW, you can make it in 30 mins. If you want to be fully rewarded, chill the mixture for 1 hour.
Prep: 15 mins
Rest time: 1 hour
Cook: 15 mins
Makes 20-24 cookies (depending on how big you like your cookies!)
- 1 cup of All purpose flour (you can use 3/4 cups of AP and 1/4 of Almond for a chewier cookie)
- 1/2 tsp of Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 3tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
1. In a medium bowl whisk the flour and baking soda. Set aside
2. In a stand mixer, combine the sugars, butter and salt, until fluffy (should look like frosting). About 1-2 mins.
3. Add flour until barely mixed,
4. Add oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
5. Preheat the oven to 375. Chill the dough (ideally) for 1 hour. You can go overnight.
6. Using an ice cream scoop (about 2 tablespoons) of cookie mix. The cookie mix should be at least 1 inch to 2 inches apart. (They will expand a little)
7. Bake until golden around the edges and soft and chewy in the middle. 8-10 mins (depends on your oven)
8. LET THEM COOL. Trust and believe. You will burn your mouth and hands. It wont be pleasant. Trust. Even if they look amazing and all crumbly on top of ice cream. Let them cool. As Alton Brown says: “your patience shall be rewarded.”
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @boricuainthemidwest for the blog’s posts and @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!