I am not a morning person. I rely on coffee to survive. As much as I love breakfast food, I 90% skip breakfast because I am a horrible adult. Thats why I love brunch. You can get the best of both world. With that being said, this smoothie is a god send. I drink it right after my coffee. OR if I know I am going to drink loads of coffee in the office (which most days I do), I take a step back and drink this instead. Especially on Tuesdays when I have meetings all morning.
I most of the times go by “handfuls” when it comes to smoothies, but just for you, I added things in cups 😉 I hope you like my Açaí berry smoothie!
Serves 2: (a serving is 10 ounces)
Blender: Vitamix 3500 (you may need to use a little bit more liquid or use the smoothie setting on your blender)
- 1 1/2 cup of milk (I use oat milk) You can also use water if you wish
- 1/4 cup of frozen mango (to sweeten it)
- 1/4 cup of raspberries
- 1 packet of FROZEN açaí purée (2 tablespoons if you have açaí powder)
If you use the powder, you need 1 cup of milk or water
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt (I use Vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries. You can use only one berry or divide this into 2 1/4 cups of different berries. (For example, use 1/4 cup of strawberries and 1/4 cup of blackberries)
- Optional: flaxseed, chia seeds or protein powders
In your blender, add the milk, yogurt , chia or flaxseeds, then all of your berries. I am using my vitamix 3500, so this is the order I need to add everything. Blend until smooth. (I use my Vitamix’s smoothie setting) In less than 1 minute, I have my perfect smoothie!
I love the purple color it gives the smoothie!
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest” and follow my Instagram @boricuainthemidwest for the blog’s posts and @lokoxmusica where you can get a snapshot of my life filled with music & food!